blog*spot
get rid of this ad | advertise here
See through my mind
Monday, December 19, 2011

It's been awhile....
Noticed that my last entry was Feb 16th 2010. Wow, almost 2 years whizzed me by just like that.....

I am not going to attempt to fill in the blanks for these past 2 years..... Life have been generally good, still a blessed child with good health, good friends, good family.....Too much time on my hands and I really missed this therapeutic form of expressing myself..... It's almost like talking to myself but in a less perverse way without freaking anyone out.....

Going to begin a new chapter of my life in Rotterdam, Netherlands..... I recently just started on my third role in Shell..... After 3 and a half years in the marketing business, I have moved onto to the "dark side" of commodities trading.... I am in the Fuel Oil desk and looking specifically at the bunker market globally...... The exposure will be good for me as I will be more intimate with the European market..... On a personal exposure point of view, it's excellent, as I will have the chance to travel around Europe, and basically living my dream of working overseas for an extended period of time (18 months)..... Praise the Lord and I am really blessed to get this role and can live the expat life so junior in my career.....

More updates on that department after 4th Jan 2012 when I depart for Rotterdam.....

Weather in Singapore had been shitty recently..... Makes it really depressing with the gloominess of it all..... Which I think is a contributing factor of why I decided to start blogging again..... You can't do shit in this weather..... And it's apt that "Set Fire To The Rain" by Adele is on repeat mode on my speaker.....

On a positive note, Reuben is back from Hong Kong, Josh is back from Australia..... I foresee crazy raving parties in the coming weeks with Christmas, New Year just round the corner..... Woot woot.....

And in any case, I have been partying like no tomorrow on my recent trips abroad.... I describe this phase as a "monster phase" to my close friends..... I did crazy silly things never before in my life and decided to let loose and live the moment...... I didn't know I had that wild streak in me at all, but I guess I did after all...... Hehehe.....

Deep in my heart, I guess I am still a good boy as I yearn for stability rather than some crazy adventures which I am exposed to in the past few months..... So Rotterdam is really a good transit for me, as I will be kept busy at work and settling down..... And of course, travel!!!!

On books, I am a bit slow in my reading in the past month with all the travelling that I have been doing..... I was on a roll with the epic series of "A Song Of Ice and Fire"..... I am waiting for the paperback version of the 5th book..... And right now, I filled the slot up by reading "Have A Little Faith" by Mitch Albom...... Am also waiting for the paperback version of 1Q84 as well as a new title by Ha Jin..... *Yum yum*

On music, "Save The World" by Swedish House Mafia, "Set Fire To The Rain" by Adele and "Pumped Up Kicks" by Foster The People seem to top my billboard recently.....

Cheerios for now...... Till the next entry......

Labels:


posted at 19.12.11 _________________________________________________________________
Comments:
<$BlogCommentBody$>
<$BlogCommentDeleteIcon$> (0) comments
Post a Comment
| maystar designs | ICQ or email me to share your 2 cents worth