blog*spot
get rid of this ad | advertise here
See through my mind
Thursday, May 29, 2008

Still in the orientation phase...... Learning the ropes as I go along......
Im quite glad to be in this role and people have been telling me that my role is a good one......

Firstly, its a global role....... Im looking at problems and solutions on a global scale...... This magnitude allows me to learn alot more but of course at the tradeoff of understanding the day to day operations.......

Secondly, its the role of marketing and strategy....... Something which I like doing...... Even at a junior level, I am able to see how a mega corporation strategize...... Its quite cool..... Its like business case competition all over again.......

Thirdly, my senior is going on maternity leave pretty soon hence I get the chance of tackling pricing as well....... Its so real that its scary....... A few people can decide the fate of millions of dollars....... Because the team is a global one, the price impacts the whole world.......

All in all..... I believed I made a correct choice...... Even though its only my second week....... But I can safely affirm that......

I have completed "Lord Of The Flies"....... I dont quite like it even though its a classic...... I probably find it that way because I did not read hard enough to understand its essence...... Oh well, I might just try the book again some time later to try to appreciate it more........

6.5/10.......

Currently reading "Winning" by Jack Welch....... Its good and its informative...... Will practise some of the points raised in the book...... Will start "For One More Day" by Mitch Albom after "Winning".........

Cheerios peepz....... TGIF :)

Labels:


posted at 29.5.08 _________________________________________________________________
Comments:
<$BlogCommentBody$>
<$BlogCommentDeleteIcon$> (0) comments
Post a Comment
| maystar designs | ICQ or email me to share your 2 cents worth