blog*spot
get rid of this ad | advertise here
See through my mind
Sunday, July 22, 2007

End of internship..... Wooottt......

A boo boo sorta happen but I thought it might be a good thing as well...... I emailed my Singapore Team to thank them for all the help and concern that they had given me through the 10 weeks....... But the issue is that I emailed them in an informal manner peppered with Singlish.......

The next thing I know, Yuki (My boss) broadcast that email to the global team and praise my work...... Oh my gosh..... I wont mind the praising, but the email I sent is really unprofessional..... Hahaha..... Oh well.......

That also spurred a series of email for me...... Some of which are really encouraging...... Hehe......
The next part of this entry is gonna be egoistic as I paste some of the emails content word for word....... So proceed with caution......

Johnny's Email

I was one of the interviewers in Ray's group when he was in the first round of case study. His group was very impressive and he was the best.

In the second round of interview he was interviewed by Camy. So happen he was the only candidate on interviewed by both of us. We interviewed a lot a lot of candidates on that super Sat. Again, Camy said that he is very good. It is not easy to impress Camy (sori, not mean you are bosy but you are very good to select students after past five years of internship program). Easy choice, we know Ray was our intern. We were very sure that we would get him as Camy and I were the only two senior managers from GBT interviewing candidates on that date. We are the first team to choose. Other GBT team couldn't fight with us.

Yuki's Email

Hi Ray,

Thanks for your excellent work for the past 10 weeks. This is a great piece of work (http://etdnyp1.gsr.etsd.ml.com:8080/confluence/display/PROJ/Tick+Data+Monitoring)

Glad that you enjoy working with us. Hope you come back to work with us in the future.
PS: Thanks to Johnny/Camy for bringing in such a good summer intern to us. Also thanks to Manish and Anandh for all the assistance.

Wish Ray all the best and let's keep in touch.

Manish's Email

Hi Ray,

We are all very impressed with you and the work you have done is excellent. It will surely help us a lot in providing higher level of service to the business. I am sure you have also gained a lot from this stint. As a parting advice I would say, continue to learn more on Finance (more specifically Investment Banking) and Technology. A mix of Investment banking domain and technology is a great place to be in for a long term career. You have a bright future ahead and wish you all the very best.


My head is inflated..... *Blush*...... :P

Labels:


posted at 22.7.07 _________________________________________________________________
Comments:
<$BlogCommentBody$>
<$BlogCommentDeleteIcon$> (0) comments
Post a Comment
| maystar designs | ICQ or email me to share your 2 cents worth