blog*spot
get rid of this ad | advertise here
See through my mind
Thursday, May 24, 2007

I have an old friend...... Together in the same class back in Primary school...... Played together, went to his house, hang out and the usuals...... We again came to the same Secondary school......
Didnt really hang out anymore....... Sorta became into a hi-bye kinda thing........

All of a sudden after a gazillion year....... He suddenly called me up....... I am really surprise to receive the call and started catching up....... The conversation was really genuine, catching the lost times and all.......

5 minutes later, he proposed to meet up and Im cool with it...... He asked about my current status and I mentioned that Im on internship and stuff...... I reciprocrate with the same question and he replied with some hesitation that he is now a Financial Consultant.......

So much for the catching up hur....... I kinda resent the fact that there was a motive behind the catching up....... And all along I thought it was a great idea to just chill out together at some coffee joint....... Bahhhh........ I sorta decline the offer politely, trying very hard to come up with some really good excuse that will not seem like Im avoiding him like a plague or something.......

After that call which happened about a month ago...... He called periodically trying to fix some dates....... I kept using work and school as an excuse........ Sighhh, I mention that my girl friend's mum is an excellent financial consultant but I guess he didnt take the hint.......

The bottomline is that you do not abuse your relationship like that....... You don't just called up any Tom, Dick or Harry on your phone list because you have a sales pitch to make....... Its really sad.......

I can easily think up of some reasons to shoot him in the face....... I didnt really wanna do that because of the old friendship....... First off, Im no sucker...... Im a pauper man...... LOL..... I believed that Im still quite savvy about such stuff...... Even if I am overestimating myself, Ive got Nat's mum and a close buddy in the same line for advice....... Gather my social circle, pick a stone, blindfold yourself and throw that stone....... The stone have a freakin high chance of hitting someone that major in finance and is already investing in some way or another........

Im a freakin Chinese...... Guan Xi matters....... I will want to deal with someone whom I am comfortable with...... Not someone who calls you up only when they have a need to fulfill.......

Labels:


posted at 24.5.07 _________________________________________________________________
Comments:
<$BlogCommentBody$>
<$BlogCommentDeleteIcon$> (0) comments
Post a Comment
| maystar designs | ICQ or email me to share your 2 cents worth