blog*spot
get rid of this ad | advertise here
See through my mind
Sunday, July 23, 2006

I SHAVED MY HEAD BALD FOR CHILDREN CANCER FOUNDATION......

Fiddle with the idea of volunteering my hair for about 30 minutes before deciding it....... Its an awareness campaign by the Children Cancer Foundation......

Shaving of hair let you have the sense of cancer patients losing theirs when they are undergoing chemotherapy........

What actually makes me go for it should be mainly attributed to my auntie and also the sense of doing crazy things while your young........ Since its a good cause, even better....... I thought of my auntie when im at the booth deciding whether I should or should not go for the fashion deathwish....... To put it bluntly, chemotherapy suck the life outta of my auntie........ She really look like the golem (Think: "my precioussss") in LOTR....... Sunken cheeks, purplish complexion with few patch of hair pastured in certain spots of the skull...... A bitterful sight to behold........

Lotsa ladies were at the Suntec booth as well...... I respect them to the fullest....... Mine prolly take about 3-4 months to grow back...... For the ladies, the numbers unchanged but the unit changes to years instead...... RESPECT........

Why is it fashion deathwish for me??? Because my head is too darn round...... And they really cropped my hair to a pityful length....... 2mm??? Yeah, its about there....... Hence you could see the white scalp....... Round head plus white scalp == ???

EGGHEAD.......

Lol........ I already got a few stares when I ventured down my flat to purchase my dinner........ Lol........ The hair really shorter than that of the recruits in Pulau Tekong........

So you might ask me this question; "How do the cancer foundation benefits from this?"

Ahhhhhh........ The million dollar question........ Firstly, it raises awareness from the shaven heads of volunteers like me........ Secondly, the volunteers got a pledge card so that they could get people like you who is reading this to donate....... A few dollars will do........ Be it for my courage or the cancer foundation or whatsoever........ The donations could be made online through visa or master....... I will post up the details very soon coupled with the pictures of my new look.........

I hope this act of mine could at least get some funds for the children suffering from this helluva illness......... :)

PLEASE DONATE GENEROUSLY....... Look out for the details soon.......

P/S: Friends whom have alot of site traffic on your blog could help me with some advertising hur hur...... You know who you are!!!!! Grinz....... More traffic == Hopefully, more money for the cancer patients!!!!!!


posted at 23.7.06 _________________________________________________________________
Comments:
<$BlogCommentBody$>
<$BlogCommentDeleteIcon$> (0) comments
Post a Comment
| maystar designs | ICQ or email me to share your 2 cents worth