blog*spot
get rid of this ad | advertise here
See through my mind
Tuesday, August 16, 2005

While visiting a prison in Potsdam, King Frederick William I listened to a number of pleas for pardon. All the inmates swore that prejudiced judges, perjured witnesses, or unscrupulous lawyers were responsible for their imprisonment. From cell to cell the same story of wronged innocence continued.

But at one cell the inmate had nothing to say.
Surprised, Frederick joked, "I suppose you are innocent too."

"No your Majesty," the man answered, "I am guilty and richly deserve all that I get."

The king turned to the guard and called out loudly, "Come and release this rascal quickly, before he corrupts this fine lot of innocent people."

posted at 16.8.05 _________________________________________________________________
Comments:
<$BlogCommentBody$>
<$BlogCommentDeleteIcon$> (0) comments
Post a Comment
| maystar designs | ICQ or email me to share your 2 cents worth