blog*spot
get rid of this ad | advertise here
See through my mind
Friday, January 23, 2004

Phew......... Finally a breather after some intense 'Bai Nian' session. The whole of Singapore seems to be combed as all the relatives resides in all part of the small sunny island. Got real bored of the visiting halfway through as today are targetted at the more distant ones. My sis and i seems to be stoning throughout the whole day as we do not really know the relatives well to strike up a conversation. We only kept ourselves busy prying all the plastic containers to savage any delicacy that we could pillage.

Qiang and Kiat invited me to an card session held annually at Marcu's bungalow. Would take a nap to recharge my depleted energy and wait for Qiang to call up. I would not be meeting Ash today as she visiting some corpses exhibited in the Expo with the soon enlisted Shi Ping. Hope shes enlightened by the embalmed exhibit personel.

My passion for the CNY seems to be diminishing with the increment of my age. The style of the CNY changed drastically ever since Po Po and Ah Gong left us. Used to get loads of Ang Bao without much travelling with Ah Gong and Po Po's apartment as the HQ. Used to like the idea of dressing up for the big occasion to impress everyone but i guessed im passed that ever since im over my teens. All the Ba Gua, pineapple tart, love letter no longer made me drools like cascading waterfalls. The absence of Bro also played a factor.

Hopefully the feeling equivalent as to what i felt as a school boy for this occasion would once again resurface as the years come by.

Once again Happy CNY.............

posted at 23.1.04 _________________________________________________________________
Comments:
<$BlogCommentBody$>
<$BlogCommentDeleteIcon$> (0) comments
Post a Comment
| maystar designs | ICQ or email me to share your 2 cents worth